Sunday, October 21, 2012

I was taking classes from the month after I retired in April until August. I was told I could take online classes without a drop in my GI Bill finding, which proved to be wrong, to the tune of a 40% loss. I had taken algebra with the expectation of tutoring in the event i would need it. I did and the help never came. I failed algebra after beating myself daily with studies I neither understood, but fell desperately behind in. It left me very depressed, wrung out and generally depleted with regard to higher learning. I have long since rested but have also fallen behind in my bills due to the thousand or so dollars a month I lost in my income. I am ecstatic, though that my son has relocated to Missouri and now resides with me as an adult. He has become a very wonderful man in whom I am well pleased. My lowered money situation has made things rough on us and to top it all off, I have heard nothing about my disability from the VA. I am now enrolled in classes again and am excited to begin learning again. Management and Art appreciation should prove to be decent to get through. I have met a very cool lady from Jefferson City but have not been able to meet up with her face to face. Ah money, the filthy lucre! We were chatting a lot and texting back and forth but have chilled a bit with that after not being able to meet. Sad but true. I still haven't seen my daughter in a very long time. Months and months. I'm very sad about it. I find myself not even thinking about her until something puts her in my mind and I'm immediately wracked with sadness. It's quite maddening. OK, well now I'm depressed so that's it for this entry. Julia, wherever you are, Daddy loves you and wants to see you very badly. - Chief out

No comments:

Post a Comment